SIGNIFICANT OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO MAKE
A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT . . . AND COLLABORATE WITH A TEAM OF HIGHLY SKILLED, EXPERIENCED THERAPISTS. The YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago is seeking a Bilingual Therapist, based at our Jackson Blvd and Logan Square locations, reporting to the Coordinator – Clinical Program. This is an exempt, full time position, with a budgeted hiring salary of $38,000 - $40,000, based on the level of licensure. If you would like more details about the YWCA and its mission, "Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women," our website is www.ywcachicago.org.
POSITION PURPOSE: To provide crisis intervention, short- or long-term therapy and group counseling for victims of sexual assault and their non-offending significant others.
POSITION IMPACT: This is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference for victims of sexual assault in short-term and long-term therapy sessions that have a life-altering impact on both their quality of life as well as their future possibilities. In addition, it’s an opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive social enterprise, led by a visionary leader, while interacting with supportive team members who are committed to engaging in mission-driven, purposeful work.
- Provide services to sexual abuse/assault victims
- Facilitate telephone and in-person crisis intervention
- Conduct individual and group intake screening
- Maintain an active caseload of designated members, while collaborating with other therapists in clinical team meetings and group consultations
- Provide advocacy referral for members to legal, medical and social services systems as needed
- Establish and sustain community contacts to develop and advance the public presence and referral base for the YWCA’s Sexual Violence and Support Services