Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has a hospital-employed opportunity for a Part-Time (0.6FTE) Nurse Practitioner who has a love for Endocrinology (direct experience a plus!) who will split their time practicing out of our Channahon Healthcare Center, located at 25259 Reed Street and our Morris Healthcare Center, located at 1345 N. Edwards Street. The preferred candidate would have current or prior Endocrinology experience or much experience providing care for patients with Diabetic or Thyroid conditions. The Nurse Practitioner we’re looking for will initially work side-by-side with their collaborating Endocrinology physician, Dr. Nuzhat Chalisa, until they’re competent to work independently. Dr. Chalisa works solely out of our Channahon Healthcare Center and has been practicing within our service area since 2008.
- Balanced Home/Work life; Part-Time opportunity includes seeing patients in the office 3 days out of the week. Wednesdays & Thursdays in Morris and Monday or Friday in Channahon. No weeknight or weekend clinic commitments. Chalisa works every T-W-Th, with occasional half-days on Monday. Some call coverage may be required.
- Already established practice with access to a large referral base.
- Amenities and additional services available within associated clinics, e.g. Channahon (Family Medicine, Neurology, Rheumatology, & Laboratory Services) and Morris-Edwards St (Rheumatology, Nephrology, & Aviation Medicine).
- See patients with diabetes, thyroid disease, including thyroid disease in pregnancy, parathyroid disease, adrenal disease, pituitary problems, osteoporosis, obesity and other conditions associated with the endocrine system. A1C labs are drawn in the office at Channahon.
- Medical records are fully automated using eClinicalWorks (clinic) & Meditech (hospital).
- Morris Hospital has a well-developed, Diabetes Education Center, including a nutritional component with dietician and nurse educator certified in diabetes education and medication monitoring. The program is accredited through the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE).
Benefits & Requirements:
- Competitive Benefits: Base Salary, with yearly Incentive Bonus, Annual CME/General Expense Reimbursement, Loan Education Assistance, professional liability insurance, 403b Retirement Plan with matching after 1st anniversary, ~5weeks PTO, & wellness incentives to name a few.
- Requirements include, but are not limited to: participating in marketing programs for outreach medical offices (hours do not count towards minimum number of hours per week for patient care), IL/DEA/CDS Licensed, BLS certification, & APN Certification.
If interested, please contact Jennifer Goodwin, in-house Physician Recruiter at 815-705-1470 or via email at email@example.com
About The Hospital& Healthcare Centers:
- Morris Hospital& Healthcare Centers has a reputation of giving great, quality care to patients in the surrounding 7 zip codes which correlates to a population of 130,000 residents. Within our service area we also have 25 healthcare centers (and growing!) as we serve 11 communities.
- 89-bed hospital yet we operate as if we’re a larger system considering the 37 specialties we provide through over 165 physicians and 13 Advanced Practice Professionals on our medical staff, e.g. we’re a Level II Trauma Center, Primary Stroke Certified, Blood Bank, accredited Cancer Center, long-standing ED with great reputation, 3 Urgent Cares, 24/7 Lab & Pharmacy, state-of-the-art CATH Lab (with 24/7 STEMI coverage), Level II Perinatal Center, Dialysis, Cardiology, Rheumatology, Nephrology, Infectious Disease, ENT, Optometry, OB/GYN, General & Colon/Rectal Surgery, Allergy/Immunology, Derm, GI, Neurology, Ortho-Spine and General Ortho, Pathology, Pain Mgmt, Plastic Surgery, Podiatry, RadOnc (newly upgraded Linear Accelerator!), Radiology and Urology to name a few.
- Successful Hospitalist Model with the same medical director since 2008! We have 2 full-time Hospitalists with another full-timer coming on-board, plus 5 additional part-time Hospitalists who will provide great hospital consults for your patients.