Many Strengths. One Mission
At Loma Linda University Health, we are committed to excellence in education, research, and patient care. If you are passionate about excellence and innovation, apply and discover the many possibilities for your future.
This position will support LLUMC's strategic plan and the organization's mission to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ, while embracing the core values of Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Wholeness. Manages the daily operations of the Medical Staff Administration office as it relates to credentialing and privileging, bylaws, rules and regulations, and committee processes for LLUMC, LLUBMC, and LLUHC. Directs the quality of Medical Staff Administration, ensuring compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies. Oversees and administers the credentialing process for appointments, reappointments and verification of physicians, dentists, podiatrists, and allied health professionals. Services as an essential link with the medical staff to promote and enhance good communications and positive working relationships. Performs other duties as needed.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulatory requirements; thorough understanding of Joint Commission medical staff credentialing and privileging requirements; understanding of medical staff committee structure and peer review process.
- Able to read; write and speak with professional quality; use computer and software programs necessary to the position (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, Access); operate/troubleshoot basic office equipment required for the position.
- Able to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others; provide leadership; be assertive and consistent in enforcing policies ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, rules and laws; work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; lead, supervise, teach, and collaborate; accept direction.
- Able to communicate effectively in English in person, in writing, and on the telephone; think critically; work independently; perform basic math and statistical functions; manage multiple assignments; compose written material; work well under pressure; problem solve; organize and prioritize workload; recall information with accuracy; pay close attention to detail.
- Able to distinguish colors as necessary; hear sufficiently for general conversation in person and on the telephone, and identify and distinguish various sounds associated with the workplace; see adequately to read computer screens, and written documents necessary to the position.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of managerial experience in medical staffing required.
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) Certification required. Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Certification preferred.
- Valid California Driver's License required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability