APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Integrated IT Security Operations Center Manager (R17-138)
The Integrated IT Security Operations Manager will lead security operations teams providing proactive 24 x 7 x 365 security monitoring of PGE information and operational technology environments. The successful candidate will provide strategic oversight and direction for the information security operations team working to detect, analyze, track, respond, contain and mitigate external threats to PGE’s business.
This individual will have responsibility for the logistical management of the operations team and their compliance to processes and procedures. Additional responsibilities include the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of information security systems and tools. In this role, you will have responsibility to keep PGE executives informed of any emerging threats and incident trends.
You will support our journey by:
General Security Operations (50%) Perform daily operational responsibilities core to the Security team including but not limited to:
- Continuous Monitoring – Monitor and respond to events occurring on PGE Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) assets to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of PGE Systems, services, and data
- Weekly Maintenance – Maintain, configure, update and patch Security systems including AV, Vulnerability scanners, HIPS / NIDS, Database Monitoring and SIEM tools.
- Respond to problem / incident support requests
- Process Service / Work requests.
- Procedures and documentation updates.
- Threat management – maintain a threat management process that includes monitoring, assessment and response to threats based on risk to PGE.
- Perform Change & Configuration Management Review and testing of the company’s IT infrastructure to ensure adequate security configuration and protection.
Team Management (30%) Manage the Security Operations team and their day to day responsibilities. This includes:
- Supervise the work efforts of the Security Operations team. This includes staffing, prioritization, communications, QA, etc.
- Producing regular metrics / status reports to monitor the effectiveness of PGE’s Security Program.
- Serve as the escalation point for team members, peer management and clients.
- Instill and enforce security, Assurance and ITIL policies and practices within the team.
- Provide PGE management and clients with extensive technical expertise and analysis on security trends and security controls to protect PGE’s infrastructure.
- Advise and consult on the development of educational material and training as necessary to raise awareness of security issues and improve compliance with policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
Incident Response / Investigations (10%)
- Lead incident response teams and emergency processes including communicating with external contacts/counterparts in other companies when incidents occur. Analyze and perform complex technical troubleshooting; prepare reports and assist in gathering/providing data on security incidents; represent the company and provide direction to external investigators.
- Lead investigations and perform technical forensic analysis to identify potential violations of corporate policy and regulatory compliance; work closely with Corporate Security, Legal, HR, and management to present findings.
Integrated Security Program Governance (10%) Support program governance through involvement with committees and work groups.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Typically a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering Management or equivalent work experience in related discipline.
- At least 10 years of management experience in IT fields working with complex, large-scale technical environments.
- At least 7 years of hands-on experience in information security roles including all aspects of operations, support, security testing, vulnerability and threat assessment.
- Well-developed theoretical and practical understanding of Information Security.
- Demonstrated experience and job history leading the following functions (at least 3):
- Incident Handling
- Threat Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Security system configuration / maintenance
- Security monitoring
- Forensic investigation
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of established frameworks & methodologies (e.g. CSF, NERC CIP, NIST 800 series, ISO 27000 series, etc.)
- Communications / Logistical / Analytical:
- Strong verbal, written and formal presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- Demonstrated strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience creating and maintaining operations shift schedules
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING