NPH USA is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean by supporting the Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos network of homes for orphaned, abandoned and disadvantaged children. We provide a loving family, security, education, health care, and leadership development opportunities to children in nine countries.
The Development Manager’s primary role is to build relationships with, and increase the current level of giving from, existing donors. The Development Manager manages a portfolio of donors and prospects primarily by making an average monthly minimum of eight face-to-face meetings and eight solicitations to support NPH’s mission.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Raise Unrestricted Funds (50%)
- Increase the annual giving of the assigned donor portfolio consistent with assigned goals.
- Identify, engage, cultivate and solicit new donors.
- Conduct a minimum of eight monthly face-to-face meetings with prospects and donors to discuss their financial support and NPH.
- Generate a minimum of eight monthly solicitations.
- Achieve assigned fundraising target by developing and executing a donor portfolio strategy.
Organizational Engagement (20%)
- With the Regional Director, develop and execute strategy to increase awareness of NPH by actively engaging service organizations, schools, churches, businesses, etc.
- Create opportunities to speak about and tell the story of NPH at various organizations
- Develop and manage volunteer committees at organizations with the purpose of incorporating NPH into their charitable activities.
Event Planning, Support and Follow-up (15%)
- With the Regional Director and Regional Development Coordinator, assist in the development of an annual strategy for fundraising and awareness raising events in the region and set targets for fundraising as well as new contacts reached.
- Execute various event tasks as assigned.
- Participate in the post-event communication process (i.e. thank you notes, calls, emails, etc.)
- Conduct purposeful and timely follow-up with appropriate event attendees.
- Assure that all interactions with donors and prospects are recorded within Salesforce.
- Research prospective donors.
- Assist the team by performing a wide variety of activities when required.
Vision and Immersion Trip Support and Follow-up (5%)
- With the Regional Director develop annual strategy for donor trips in the region and set targets for each.
- Assure that all trip policies are followed
- Direct 2-3 trips per year to NPH homes.
- Prepare post trip follow-up report comparing actual results against targets.
- Conduct purposeful post trip follow up as appropriate.
Qualifications / Requirements / Other
- Minimum of three years of fundraising experience. Face-to-face charitable gift solicitation experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, able to meet performance metrics, mission-oriented and able to work effectively with a regional team.
- Self-motivated, able to develop a strategic donor cultivation plan and see it through to solicitation and stewardship with minimal oversight.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, and donor relationship management software. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Able to travel internationally and lead groups on vision and immersion trips to NPH homes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Spanish fluency preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ready access to a vehicle.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
The Development Manager reports to the Regional Director, who reports to the VP of Development. Total staff size of national organization is approximately 35; Midwest Region team size is three.
How to Apply?
Send resume and cover letter to the recruiting email below. Please no phone calls or outside agencies. NPH USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Job Type: Full-time