Summary: Originates agriculture, commercial, mortgage, and some consumer loans. Promotes the bank and its lending services to the community and helps to identify and serve the community’s financial needs through loan counseling, seminars and sales meetings, and by participating in and promoting the bank’s community activities. Provides friendly, quality customer service and treats customers with respect and dignity, either in person or on the phone.
Specific Job Functions:
- Meets with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process. Works with customers to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals.
- Explains to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Provides advice to customers, upon request, in areas related to agricultural crop and livestock production, commercial business operations, sales and marketing, purchasing inputs, purchasing machinery and equipment, managing capital, cash flow management, and risk assessment.
- Reviews each loan application and completes all pre-processing functions in a timely manner to permit the good faith estimate to be mailed within the requested three business day period, as appropriate.
- Obtains and compiles copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Analyzes applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Approves loans within specified limits, and refers loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Communicates approvals or denials to the borrower.
- Reviews loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Collects past due loans and tracks delinquencies.
- Handles customer complaints and takes appropriate action to resolve them.
- Computes payment schedules.
- Orders credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information as needed.
- May submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Personally answers incoming phone calls and schedules appointments. Answers customer questions.
- Identifies potential customers, performs sales calls, and solicits new business.
- Promotes and participates in the bank’s special credit programs and other CRA programs.
- Actively participates in local business and community activities and maintains close contact with local builders, real estate brokers and agents, customers, and prospects.
- Has access to confidential information relating to customers and accounts. Protects the privacy and confidentiality of customers, other employees, and work.