- A solid understanding of web and mobile technologies.
- Multi-faceted production experience in an online education, training, or digital media environment, including experience designing and developing courses with rich multimedia.
- Familiarity with learning management systems, preferably Canvas.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to maintain high levels of creativity and quality.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with subject matter experts to develop content.
- Experience with academic institutions and adult learners.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced atmosphere with high standards for quality, accuracy, and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field required. Master’s degree in instructional design or related field preferred.
- A passion for music, online learning, and quality.
- A background in instructional design, education, and/or learning theory, with at least three years experience in course development in an online learning environment.
- A strong musical background, including knowledge of music theory. Additional knowledge of music production and the music business is preferred.
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by individuals within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
*** Application Instructions Specific to this Position ***
Currently enrolled Berklee students may not apply for staff or faculty positions.
Applicants who are both interested and qualified should submit the following materials:
- Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s capabilities and experiences.
- A resume or CV.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open for applications until filled.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Berklee provides a diverse and inclusive work environment
We all share a universal love for listening to, and creating music
We work on Macs