NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Radiotherapy Technologist.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for implementing medically prescribed Radiation Therapy treatment under general supervision
- Participates in in-service programs and conferences.
- Performs all prescribed quality control checks on equipment, monitoring constantly for malfunctions. Performs morning QA checks as per Departmental Standards. Reports any out-of-speculation readings to Physics immediately. Withholds treatments if speculation is out of acceptable range. Reports any malfunctions that may occur during the day to the Chief Therapist or Physics.
- Identifies patient teaching needs as part of the Radiation Therapy treatment course. Effectively explains technical procedure to patient. Interacts with patients family in a professional manner, Directs patient to Physician or RN for medical concerns. Informs patient of the availability of the Patient Learning Center and ensures that the patient sees the Physician on Weekly Status Check Day.
- Documents all treatments rendered and maintains appropriate work records. Documents daily treatments completely & legibly. Records all simple simulation data on Departmental Form. Documents, dates & signs all changes to treatment set-up and ensures all treatment forms & special procedure forms are complete. Captures all charges correctly & accurately enters charges in Varis system.
- Delivers planned course of radiation therapy, following appropriate guidelines. Assures that Rx & Physics plan are signed by Physician prior to treatment. Sets up patient using triangulation methods & properly interprets physics plan. Uses correct immobilization & beam shaping devices. Maintains millimeter accuracy specifically in IMRT treatments and Sets Mus and parameters correctly.
- Graduate of an approved AMA program in Radiation Therapy required.
- ARRT certified and NYS License in Radiation Therapy Technology.
- Good communication skills.
Required Licenses: Radiologic Tech Lic - NYS, Am Registry Of Radiologic Tech
Megavoltage, superficial and simulator experience
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.