| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Department of Surgery is a hub of translational and clinical research. The Assistant Editor/Grant Writer will be a member of the Department of Surgery’s large editorial group. The incumbent will enhance the faculty members’ grant applications and academic efforts through editing, grant coordination, and project management.
- Assist the faculty members in the coordination, editing, production, and tracking of documents for service, department, or disease management team (DMT).
- Copyedit manuscripts, abstracts, foundation reports, department reports, grant applications, video, visual presentations, and/or other documents under the direction of the Senior Editor or Editor in order to support the academic projects of the service/department/DMT.
- Produce periodic reports for the Senior Editor or Editor, such as annual/monthly reports on service/department/DMT academic activities, expense/budget/workload reports.
- Track workflow, documents, resources, and other data to be used for evaluating editorial timelines, staffing needs, and physical resources in order to maximize the efficiency of the editorial group and keep pace with changing publishing/new media environments.
- Provide assistance to faculty and fellows as it relates to requested books, journals, services, or other library materials.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the editorial office/library.
- Independently coordinate some editorial projects or presentations.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science or Humanities.
- 2-4 years of experience in copyediting, proofreading, editorial administration.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Access, EndNote, Acrobat Professional Writer, QUARK, Photoshop, or Illustrator desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.