| Unit Description|
BONUSES !!! We are currently offering $10,000 Sign On Bonus for this position!* Relocation assistance is also available.
Good Samaritan Medical Center was once again recognized as one of best hospitals in Colorado, ranking among Americaâ??s 100 Best Hospitals for the fifth year running. We are a Level II trauma center with a 35% increase in our neuro-trauma cases in the past year. Good Samaritan is an accredited chest pain and stoke center providing excellent diversity in patient population that our ICU nurses serve.
Along with the 30% of our staff that are CCRN certified, our active unit practice council strives to develop and implement evidence based practice changes that directly impact our patients outcomes. Between our nursing clinical ladder program and financial support for achieving certifications, there are many opportunities to advance your clinical expertise here. With CAUTI, CLABSI and VAE rates being lower than national benchmarks, your ability to deliver exceptional care can be achieved here at Good Samaritan.
*To qualify for the Sign on Bonus, you must have a minimum of two years recent ICU experience. Internal SCL Health associations are not eligible for Sign on Bonuses.
Care Site Description
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physiciansâ?? orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patientâ??s medical status upon admission and throughout the patientâ??s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Â· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Associate's degree in nursing, required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required within 5 years of hire
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in Colorado or compact state, required
- Possess current BLS and ACLS Certifications, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of RN experience in a hospital ICU, required