| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Childrenâ??s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Womenâ??s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Resource Specialist provides 24 hour processing of all inbound calls from the public at large providing general information and provider referral services, works with the Ask-A-Nurse RNâ??s providing telephone support services and operates the Public Branch Exchange (PBX) telephone system as backup support to the PBX Operators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Telephone and Marketing Duties
â?¢ Answers, directs, prioritizes and refers telephone calls and messages to Ask-A-Nurse RNâ??s, departments and overhead paging system
â?¢ Triages calls according to priority and urgency, transferring and dialing calls as necessary.
â?¢ Documents spoken conversations, demographics, incoming call purpose and referrals
Education, Experience and Licensure/Certification Requirements: Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, courteous and professional manner and exhibit quality vocal skill through speech rate, volume, enunciation, pronunciation and
3. Demonstrated ability to type 40 wpm with 98% accuracy
4. Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
5. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
6. Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
7. Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position