| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Childrenâ??s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Womenâ??s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
This position is located at St. Vincentâ??s Healthcare, Billings, MT. The schedule is Monday â?? Friday 1:00pm â?? 930p.
The Financial Health Advocate is responsible for providing financial advocacy counseling to individuals who are uninsured and underinsured.
The Financial Health Advocate determines patientâ??s medical financial needs by assisting patients in applying for Medicaid coverage, qualifying for State or Federal programs, education of the Affordable Care Act, presenting patients with payment plan options, and identifying individuals who are in need of Financial Assistance.
This position is responsible for quality assurance in application processing and procedures, along with adhering to all compliance requirements mandated by CMS, HIPAA, JCAHO, etc.
Acts as liaison between departments located at the care site and/or RSC; fostering open communication and team work, utilizing positive and effective communication with all team members.
- Basic computer knowledge including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- High school diploma / GED or equivalent
- One year Financial Counseling experience and/or insurance knowledge
- CAC- Certified Application Counselor (within 3 months of hire)
- State Navigator License (to be completed within 3 months of hire if determined at site)
- Financial Counseling experience - 2+ years
- Medicaid / Medicare knowledge
- Insurance knowledge
- Previous Certified Application Counselor training (CAC) - Federal
- Understanding of State and Federal Programs available to the indigent care population i.e. food stamps, Medicaid expansion, SSI, SSDI, etc.
- Ability to read, understand and apply personal tax return information
- Ability to read and understand a profit and loss statement
- Previous hospital/medical office, medical insurance and/or customer service experience
Proficient computer skills. Excellent customer service skills, both written and verbal. Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients and their families, physicians, nursing personnel and co-workers. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and coordinate more than one event at a time. Professionalism required. Knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare benefit plans, drug reimbursement programs, Medicare, Medicaid and other third party payers