| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
The Social Worker provides services to respond to the emotional needs of patients and their families. This employee also assists with patient admissions and the referral process.
- As part of the admission process, meet with the patient and family to review policies on advanced directives, patient rights and non-discrimination.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of patient problems/ needs. Meet with appropriate facility staff concerning patient issues. Provide social work consultation to patients, families and staff, as requested.
- Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by patient/family needs.
- Assist patients, as needed, with financial planning.
- Maintain communications with caseworkers.
- Keep the patientâ??s family informed of patient problems, personal needs, transfers and changes of level assignment.
- Maintain a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals. Act as a liaison between the facility and the community.
- Assure all documentation complies with applicable regulations. Act in compliance with all corporate, State, Federal and other regulatory standards.
- Participate in the quality improvement process of the facility. Attend and participate in facility meetings, as required. Participate in and/or provide in-service education sessions.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Â· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Bachelorâ??s degree in Social Work, required
- Current license/certification in the state of practice, required
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient needs, develop and implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning process, required
- Masterâ??s degree in Social Work, preferred
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred