| Unit Description|
At SCL Health, we are committed to putting people first - whether that's as a patient or as an associate. We value the integrity, excellence and good humor our associates bring with them daily. That's why we're proud to be people healing people.
We are looking for experienced RNs to join our team in a variety of specialties, including: Med/Surg, Telemetry, ICU, ED, OR, PACU, NICU and L&D. Bring your talents to a health system that will truly appreciate the compassion and expertise you bring to your nursing career every day.
Reward yourself with up to $10,000 in sign-on bonuses as well as relocation assistance to aid in your transition.
Come explore why Denver is one of the best places to live in the U.S.!
Care Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital
Saint Joseph Hospital, located in downtown Denver, is the largest private teaching hospital in the state of Colorado. We just rebuilt this care site in 2014 and the brand new, state-of-the-art hospital boasts 360 beds along with outdoor spaces on every floor and over 500 trees on the campus. Saint Joseph Hospital has also been recognized as one of Americaâ??s 100 Best Hospitals in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Lutheran Medical Center
Lutheran Medical Center, located in Wheat Ridge (about 10 miles outside of the downtown area), is an acute care community hospital and Level III Trauma Center boasting nearly 250 beds total. Lutheran Medical center has also been recognized as one of Americaâ??s 100 Best Hospitals in 2016.
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Good Samaritan Medical Center, located in Lafayette (North Metro), is an acute care community hospital and Level II Trauma Center boasting nearly 250 beds total. Good Samaritan Medical Center shares a campus with Kaiser Permanente and has been recognized by Healthgrades as one of Americaâ??s 100 Best Hospitals in 2016.
Platte Valley Medical Center
Platte Valley Medical Center, located in Brighton, is an acute care community hospital and Level III Trauma Center boasting 98 beds total and a new campus as of 2007. Platte Valley Medical Center has been recognized as one of the world's most patient-centered hospitals by PlaneTree, Inc.
SCL Health Registered Nurses provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physiciansâ?? orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. Our RNs fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patientâ??s medical status upon admission and throughout the patientâ??s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Associate's degree in nursing, with requirement to obtain BSN within 5 years of employment
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
- One (1) year of recent experience in an acute setting, required
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, required