| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Childrenâ??s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Womenâ??s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Cath Lab Tech performs interventional radiographic procedures in order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physicains specifications that includes, but is not limited to, preparing patients and rooms prior to procedure, interpreting results and monitoring the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in performing interventional radiology and cardiac interventional procedures
- Assures that digital films are processed and printed properly to aid in diagnosis by radiologist
- Sets up procedures and prepares rooms for further procedures, preps patient for each type of procedure and communicates with patient to help alleviate apprehension.
- Acts as the primary responsible party to monitor and alert the physician or circulating RN immediately of any dysrhythmia or other ECG changes or changes in blood pressure.
- Interprets pressure waveforms while monitoring, identifies pressure site and assures that automatic calculations are correct, edits if necessary and brings any unusual or abnormal findings to the attention of the Cardiologist immediately
- Records procedure and pressure data on cath report for billing purposes and updates past procedures on patients with previous cardiac catheterization
- Performs advanced hemodynamic monitor applications
- Accesses locked med rooms for the purpose of restocking and other clerical functions
Education, Experience and Licensure/Certification Requirements
Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- Completion of AMA accredited Radiologic Technology program
- ARRT registered or registry eligible
- Must possess a Montana State License to perform radiologic examinations
- Current BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position