| Unit Description|
11:15am-7:45pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 24 hours/wk. Arvada CO.
Colorado Lutheran Home and Apartments is a non-profit residence and department of Lutheran Medical Center.
We offer the finest in quality care. In our homes, we encourage and embrace important qualities such as trust, compassion and independence by providing the highest quality, resident-centered care for our residents and neighborhoods.
At Colorado Lutheran Home, as a member of our care partner team, you are joining a group of dedicated people who:
â?¢Are committed to creating an environment that promotes the well-being of all, fights to eliminate loneliness, helplessness and boredom, and where decisions are made by those who live here or those closest to them.
â?¢Believe in the value of person-directed care. This is why we have chosen to weave the Eden Alternative Philosophy and Principles deeply within our organization.
â?¢Are a community where becoming well-known and developing close and caring relationships matter.
Care Site Description
Colorado Lutheran Homes and Apartments is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
As a nonprofit residence, our mission is to foster healing and health within our community by providing a wellness way-of-life with quality, efficiency and empathy for those residents entrusted to our care.
- Arvada, Colo. (Apartments estab. 1964, Health Care Center estab. 1974)
- Independent Living, Assisted Living, Long Term Care
- Secured Memory Unit for Women
- Excellence in Action award places it in the top 380 nursing homes in the U.S. (out of 16,000+).
- Eden Alternative Registered Home
- Step One Quality Award from the American Health Care Association
This position is responsible for preparing food in accordance with established menus, recipes and sanitary standards.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of all food served in the facility.
- Assure adherence to menus, including those for special diets ordered.
- Provide input into development/revision of master menus and modified diet menus.
- Assure optimal quality, temperature and appearance of meals.
- Act in compliance with federal and state sanitary regulations as well as facility infection control guidelines and dietary policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, hazard-free work area.
- Assist with the purchase, storage and inventory of the food supply.
- Maintain knowledge of current nutritional practice.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Â· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Demonstrated cooking skills and ability to follow established menus and recipes, required
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Experience with quantity food preparation, preferred
- Knowledge of proper nutritional requirements, preferred
This position will be working in a long term care/assisted living facility serving meals to 120 people for residents. This is a small kitchen and a small team. Meals are cooked home-made, not frozen. Meal plans vary each day and week. This position will help with all meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and also be a Leader for dietary staff during those meal times. This individual will also work directly with residents doing demonstrations and activities.