| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Childrenâ??s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Womenâ??s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Medical Neuro Clinical Supervisor will demonstrate the SVH core values at all times. Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, they will oversee the daily clinical operations of the department; patient advocacy/safety and satisfaction, regulatory compliance, core measures, staff scheduling, and patient/bed flow activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a clinical resource person to staff by assisting with decision-making, assessment, treatment and documentation of care
- Participates in collaborative patient care with providers on a daily basis. Works with other members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team and the patient/family to assist in the development , updating and/or reinforcement of the patientâ??s plan of care
- Performs staffing daily assignments to ensure a comprehensive skill mix and acuity level and ensures productivity goals are met
- Assists Nurse Manager with human resource activities such as interviewing, hiring, coaching, mentoring, disciplining and evaluating staff
- Communicates effectively and appropriately at all times
- Provides input in the preparation of annual budgets for capital equipment, personnel, supplies, and other departmental costs.
- Assists in payroll processes as directed by the manager
- Assists in orientation and evaluation of new hires
- Serves as a mentor and role model for staff and students in the areas of quality care, service and professionalism
- In coordination with the Unit Manager assists in planning and actively participates in; unit/department meetings, staff development, leadership development, educational events and needs assessments of the staff
Quality Improvement and Regulatory Compliance
- Measures effectiveness of processes utilized to improve patient flow, and patient, staff, and physician satisfaction in collaboration with manager
- Works with unit Manager to help plan, educate and reinforce continuous process improvement/LEAN initiatives in the department
- Investigates unusual occurrences and documents in Quantros
- Facilitates completion of performance audits in an appropriate timeframe including but not limited to;
Core Measures, Joint Commission Indicators, and National Patient Safety Goals
- Participates in the review of unit processes, policies and procedures in collaboration with appropriate councils to insure best practices and regulatory standards
- Works collaboratively with physicians and ancillary services to coordinate care and ensure best practice initiatives
Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Montana RN licensure
- Minimum of two years clinical nursing experience in neuro or other related specialty area
- Current BLS certification and other certifications per department requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Demonstrate experience with computers and associated software programs such as but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite