| Unit Description|
Lutheran Hospice at the Collier Hospice Center provides an array of end-of-life programs and services, created to meet the needs of the terminally ill and those who love them. The care we provide at the end of a patient's life journey is rooted in our core philosophies.
Honor, Compassion and Respect
Your worth, dignity, individuality and wisdom
Your right to choose a meaningful quality of life
Freedom for you and your loved ones to make informed choices and decisions about your care
Please note that this position will work primarily on the north side around our Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette, Brighton, etc.
Care Site Description
Lutheran Hospice is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Wheat Ridge, Colo. (estab. 1985)
- Provides comprehensive & compassionate end-of-life care
Services & Expertise
- Provides medical, emotional & spiritual care to patients & families
- Serves patients & families in their homes & other care settings
- Provides inpatient care for management of acute symptoms at our beautiful, freestanding Collier Hospice Center
- Offers ongoing bereavement support groups, counseling & resources for families, caregivers & community
- All physicians are Hospice & Palliative Care certified
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physiciansâ?? orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patientâ??s medical status upon admission and throughout the patientâ??s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Â· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Associate's degree in nursing, required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, required within 5 years of employment
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of RN experience in a home care or hospice setting, required