Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Product Management team is the 'client & marketing' face of the Asian Investment team, serving as the bridge between portfolio managers with clients both internally and externally. Key responsibilities of the team include client engagement and communications, business strategy & planning, ongoing development of marketing materials as well as engaging in product development.
Externally, team members are responsible for communicating investment process to clients and prospects, conducting portfolio reviews, interpreting portfolio performance and analytics for clients.
Internally, the team works closely with other areas of the firm, including Institutional & Retail Sales, Marketing, Products Strategy, Client Service, RFP teams, Legal & Compliance, Operations, as well as Risk & Performance Analytics, on investments & products matters as well as directing efforts in promoting focused products.
Team members will also gain a broad-based understanding of the asset management business through interacting with a variety of teams and clients across the firm.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Preparation of new business tenders, proposals and effective marketing document.
- Generate compelling content across a wide range of topics and audiences related to investment strategies, market outlooks and commentaries, and firm capabilities.
- Edit content for clear purpose, compelling messaging, audience appropriateness, brand consistency, and consistent tone and style (AP and Invesco-specific).
- Conduct portfolio reviews, interpreting portfolio performance and analytics for clients.
- Assist fund managers in handling client inquiries, follow-up with client requests and work with RFP teams on RFIs and RFPs.
- Communicate with clients verbally and in writing. Write monthly and quarterly client letters and fund reports. These generally include a discussion of the Asian team's investment strategy, portfolio performance, performance attribution and portfolio change.
- Attend, as an integral member of the investment team, Research and Portfolio Management meetings and read relevant research material
- Be knowledgeable about the investment philosophy/style/process of Asian ex Japan and Hong Kong/China teams and products.
- Become familiar with client portfolios and be able to run and interpret reports on performance attribution and portfolio characteristics.
- Act as a bridge between Portfolio Managers, Client Relations, Sales, and Marketing and other internal functions and teams.
- Provide exemplary service and actively manage and enhance relationships with both the external and internal clients of the Invesco organization.
- Meet with the client base as requested by clients. Ability to come up with high quality presentation materials for client meetings. Front client relationships on behalf of portfolio managers.
- Represent the Asian products in marketing meetings whenever necessary. Accompany members of the marketing team on meetings with prospective clients, consultants and final presentations.
- Work with the CIOs, portfolio managers, marketing and client relations staff to draft high quality presentation documents (updating content, charts/graphs etc.) to present to clients, consultants and prospects.
- Develop timely and focused materials to capture targeted marketing opportunities such as identification of an underperforming competitor.
- Participate in development of new products.
- Engage in special products from time to time as directed.
- Responsibility of the product manager roles does not include the direct solicitation of sales. The role does not require the achievement of specific sales targets.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- At least 5 to 10 years' experience in one of the following:
- Experience as a portfolio manager, analyst, or other background as an investment-oriented professional involved with Asian equity investing; or
- Experience as a client service person, CPM or product specialist involved Asian equity product / capabilities; or
- Experience at a pension consulting firm or consulting agency with a focus on Asian equity research or manager selection
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong English and Chinese writing and communication skills a must.
- Attention to detail — Ability to work with data and departmental style guidelines to deliver an accurate work product with consistent application of brand, design and grammar/writing style.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office including Words, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A self-starter who takes initiatives.
- A team player.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- An undergraduate degree in economics, business, international studies, or a relevant field. MBA and/or CFA degrees preferred.
Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within twelve weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 2 years for future recruitment purposes. When there are vacancies in our subsidiary or associate companies during that period, we may transfer the application to them for consideration of employment. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, job applicants have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, Personal Data in relation to the application. If job applicants wish to exercise these rights, they should contact the Human Resources department.