The Program Manager serves a key role in overseeing and managing the summer conference housing operations as well as facilitating the summer housing assignment process for students. The summer program hosts 50-60 summer conference groups and 58,000 bed nights over the summer. In addition, this position will assist with info sessions and scheduling meeting spaces under centralized scheduling as well as all outdoor and tabling areas used by the campus community during peak times in the fall and spring. This position will be responsible for designing and updating flyers and brochures used for summer conferences, summer housing and events/scheduling. The successful candidate should be detail and deadline oriented with superior project management, time management, organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills. Superior interpersonal skills are required with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with faculty, staff, students, outside clients and vendors.
Essential Job Functions:
Manage conference-housing operations for all residence halls used during the summer.
This includes the following:
- Supervise one non- exempt staff person and up to 2-3 graduate interns during the conference preplanning, summer season, and post season to oversee the conference housing operations.
- Hiring, training, discipline and termination of all student staff and graduate interns
- Setup up three temporary summer office locations and coordinating furniture, equipment, keys for those locations.
- Developing policies and procedures for the summer conference housing and summer housing operations
- Develop and submit budgetary needs for summer conference housing and summer housing operations, tracking the expenses, and overseeing the payroll of staff
- Communications with conference group coordinators, Residence Life, facilities, and other various departments on campus who are critical to the successful management of conference and housing operations.
- Troubleshoot problems and emergencies that develop during the summer season when student and conference guests are residing in the residence halls.
- Remain on-call during the summer responding to staff for after-hours calls for assistance regarding residential issues. Prepare emergency preparedness plans for various possible
Student Housing Administrator
- Situations related to on-campus housing during the summer for residential youth programs residing in housing.
- Develop training materials and facilitate training of graduate interns and undergraduate summer conference staff.
- Develop and facilitate summer evaluation forms for guests, students, and coordinators used to evaluate how to improve the program and service.
- Responsible for the summer conference housing assignment process as well as the summer housing assignments for students while maintaining a five-year projected housing assignment spreadsheet to determine availability, coordinating renovation projects in the buildings to ensure space is blocked appropriately
- Sending regularly scheduled summer conference information and assignments out to groups as well as all internal service providers
- Manage the key/card access inventory and programming for all summer conference spaces as well as summer housing spaces throughout the summer.
- Responsible for preparing and completing housing billing information from each conference group, including damages, lost keys/cards, and any extra night stays immediately upon checkouts to be used for the conference post invoice.
- Responsible for overall management and data storage of the Kinetics housing software used in the summer to streamline and make recommendations for better efficiencies and program operations.
- Work with Campus Safety and the Compliance Office to oversee the Clery compliance process and work with coordinators to ensure all staff are trained and uphold the policy and process every summer as guidelines change
Other Administrative Duties:
- Develop and manage the on-line summer housing registration site, all other necessary summer housing resources, contractual updates, processing contracts, and housing registrations
- Work closely with Housing, Residence Life, and Registrar's Office to provide quality services and processes for registration and living on-campus during the summer
- Assist and work with the Community Living marketing person to develop flyers, brochures, edits to current and existing informational materials, and assist in general website edits for the office
- Creating and managing social media for Scheduling & Events
- During peak times of the year, work with the Assistant Director and Schedulers to process room reservations and scheduling spaces on as needed basis
- Select and review vendor contracts for housing and event operations to submit for approval
- Prepare various financial reports from the housing software to create room cost analysis reports to analyze the revenue and costs associated with operating the summer conference operations, UBIT reports for tax office, annual summer conference reports, additional reporting spreadsheets
- Research and implement best practices relating to housing and events
- Serve on various division-wide committees and volunteering with special university events representing the office and providing feedback and input
- Other duties as assigned