| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Start your career at Memorial Sloan Kettering and you’ll find yourself quickly making a difference in the lives of our patients. When you join us as a Session Assistant I, you will find meaningful work and become part of a team where everyone plays an important role in the fight against cancer. Making a difference in the lives of others. This is a life’s calling.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Work as part of a practice staff team of session assistants to ensure that each physician practice session is well prepared, well organized, and fully utilized and that each patient visit occurs with satisfaction.
- Serve as a liaison between the patient, family and clinical team during the office visit.
- Greet/check-in and orient patients to the outpatient visit and to the environment, as well as complete the patient visit by scheduling and coordinating all appropriate tests, procedures, visits, treatments and consultations in accordance with the physicians' orders.
- A minimum of an Associates degree or at least two years of college completed; Students who have demonstrated a commitment to health care through internships, related summer jobs, or volunteer assignments will be considered.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations with a positive demeanor
- Ability to provide at least a 2 year commitment
Hours vary between 6:15 AM and 10:00 PM, Monday-Friday with the occasional Saturday. *Must be flexible to work any shift during this time frame.
Training will be conducted in Manhattan.
In order to be considered for the Session Assistant II position, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.