| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Looking for a motivated individual as a Research Technician in a translational research laboratory focused on the studies of cancer immunology and immunotherapy. The research is concentrated on development of novel immune-based therapies for cancer and will involve the use of mouse tumor models as well as different techniques in molecular biology, cell biology, and immunology.
- Inject tumors in mice and follow tumor progression. Administer therapy to animals as needed. Perform immunological assays and evaluate immune correlates for immune response using techniques such as flow Cytometry and ELISpot. Maintain and culture tumor cells/ T cells.
- Perform DNA and RNA extractions. PCR and real time PCR.
- Grow and maintain cells in tissue culture. In vitro assays with tumor cells and T cells. Characterize the cells by molecular biology techniques such as PCR and western blot.
- Maintain appropriate files and logs related to ongoing experiments. Maintain a detailed lab book that includes detailed reagent information, experimental details, design and results. Organize and maintain a clean adequately supplied work area. Order supplies. Participate in the maintenance of equipment and lab areas.
- BA/BS in biology, chemistry, genetics or related field required. Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Prior experience in a laboratory environment, handling of mice required. Flow cytometry experience highly preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.