| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Cell Therapy and Cell Engineering Facility develops, validates, and implements procedures critical to gene transfer-related clinical research at Memorial Sloan Kettering. The quality assurance and quality control unit (QA/QC) is essential for providing a laboratory environment compliant with NIH and FDA guidelines.
As a Raw Materials Associate you will:
- Order, receive, quarantine, inspect, label, release and restock raw materials per established SOP's and controlled material specifications.
- Assist in the storage of retention samples and final products according to established procedures and conditions.
- Maintain accurate inventory database of raw materials, samples and products, including MCB and vector stock samples and products.
- Assist in monitoring vendor performance, change notifications, material availability, resolve issues.
- Maintain and keep current of raw material Certificate of Analysis (CofA), in-house Certificates of Sterilization (CofS), and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) if applicable.
- Prepare and autoclave in-house accessory materials for manufacturing as needed.
- Assist in coordinating the transfer of samples and products between off-site storage and on-campus storage.
- Act as a backup for environmental monitoring of the facility.
- Maintain the required technical training and certifications (i.e. cGMP, computer software).
- Suggest quality, safety, and efficiency improvements (i.e. operational flow, labeling, database)
- Assist in updating and revising SOPs for the facility operation, especially raw material management.
- Adhere to all applicable cGMP guidelines, MSKCC and departmental policies, and CTCEF SOPs.
Associated Degree in Biology or related discipline with at least 3 years experience of cGMP environment or clinical laboratory is required. Bachelor’s degree is desirable. Good knowledge of cGMP and current FDA policies relate to biotech products and sterile drug manufacturing is highly desirable.
The following skills/abilities are also required:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to carry out assignments in a thorough, conscientious fashion
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, maintain accurate records and notes
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of basic computer applications and ability to use MS Office software
- Conscious of biological safety requirements and applicable material handling methods
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.