Central Washington University
To apply for a job at Central Washington University, please go to careers.cwu.edu. Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID 1365
Full/Part Time Part-Time
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) Secretary will report directly to the EOC Director and provide secretarial support to all EOC staff. This position facilitates performance, production, and distribution of EOC services by relieving other EOC staff from administrative duties. The Secretary will serve as the first point of contact for the EOC Office and assist in creating, maintaining, and promoting an environment where the participants, parents, family members, and partners feel welcomed, respected and encouraged to seek services and collaborate with the program.
- Maintain EOC staff calendar and schedule appointments with participants;
- Answer telephone
- Receive and assist visitors, telephone callers and walk-in participants;
- Explain EOC services, assist participants with completion of intake forms, and provides participants with information relating to services and financial aid, and routes participants to appropriate staff;
- Maintain and updates participant filing and records management system;
- Inputs participant data into participant management system (Blumen) and generate and distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
- Coordinate and maintains effective office procedures and efficient work flow;
- Duplicate materials as requested by EOC staff and participants;
- Prepare correspondence, meeting notices and agendas, and maintain meeting minutes for all EOC staff meetings;
- Act as a resource person for EOC staff;
- Maintain EOC web pages and social media;
- Maintain, monitor, and reconcile EOC budget and fiscal records in accordance with University and Federal guidelines;
- Order/purchase departmental supplies, equipment, etc., and reconcile ProCard; and,
- Process travel requisitions and expenses.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED.
- Increasingly responsible clerical/secretarial experience or equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential function of the position.
- Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use MS Word, MS Excel, e-mail, and/or other similar software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to effectively organize multiple work assignments involving completing priorities to produce work that is accurate, of high quality and meets deadlines.
- Bilingual English and Spanish.
- Associates degree in office administration, accounting, business, education or other related fields.
- Experience with financial, human resources and/or student data systems such as PeopleSoft.
- Fiscal experience, training and/or education that demonstrates the ability to monitor and reconcile budgets, budgeting, and interpret fiscal data and provide related reports.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience with social media.
- Experience with Federally-funded education programs.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $2,218/month with periodic increases up to $2,925/month
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-12:00pm (1 hour lunch), .5 FTE , 20 hours/week
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: May 10, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Cindy Cholico
Title: Academic Advisor
Phone: (509) 574-6895
Website: Educational Opportunity Center
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.