| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is part-time and works approximately 20-25 hours per week.� A mutually beneficial schedule will be discussed during the interview.� The schedule is somewhat flexible, but work will include normal business hours in the office, as well as some occasional evening and weekend work for events (approximately one weeknight or weekend shift per month).
We would like to receive a cover letter with your application materials for this position. You may upload your� cover letter and other documents after submitting the application by selecting "add attachment"� on the My Activities page, accessible by clicking in the My Activities box on the upper right hand side of your home page at https://jobs.wustl.edu/.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Pre-College Program at the Danforth Campus.
This part-time position oversees and coordinates a variety of routine and complex administrative support functions for Washington University’s college readiness initiatives including the College Prep Program and the College Advising Corps.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage in regular communication with various College Prep Program and College Advising Corps constituents (i.e. students, guardians, school officials, community members)
- Coordinate and facilitate regular electronic and paper mailings to constituents
- Coordinate the College Prep Program application process
- Develop and maintain College Prep Program student data and tracking systems. Provide support for the management of College Advising Corps data tracking
- Manage and maintain the College Prep Program and College Advising Corps budgets
- Coordinate college readiness administrative details such as space reservations, field trips, meetings for the associate vice chancellor for community engagement, the College Prep Program assistant director, and the College Advising Corps program director
- Assist in the development of college readiness printed and electronic materials.
- Manage the College Prep Program and College Advising Corps websites
- Oversee the College Prep Program’s compliance with Washington University Policy on Minors on campus
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school degree and 2-3 years of experience coordinating office administrative details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated intercultural competence and commitment to working with diverse populations
- Experience with Excel and/or data tracking systems
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Experience with basic office accounting and human resource systems
Experience working with high school students and families
The hiring range for this position is $16.47 - $21.00 per hour.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits.� Please visit our website at hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions:
Requires successful completion of criminal background check and training for working with minors on the Washington University campus.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.