NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Secretary I.
This position answers incoming calls to the information Center and assigns them to the appropriate shops expeditiously. Generates work orders for all routine calls, emergency situations, and elevator malfunctions including accurate information as reported in a computerized program. Performs inventory spot checks as requested to ensure the required levels of inventory within the stockroom are maintained. Issues stockroom supplies and records them accurately by linking every item to a work order. Under general supervision, provides support and assists with inventory.
- Demonstrates fair judgment when decisions need to be made. Handles sensitive issues in a professional manner. Stands by department procedures and regulations.
- Works collaboratively and shares necessary tools, information and resources to accomplish goals. Volunteers assistance to others and asks for help when needed.
- Signs for material/supply deliveries, ensuring that all orders are complete and places material in proper locations in a timely manner.
- Distributes materials to shop personnel and managers as per requested.
- Maintains and receives files for area. Maintains files in organized and up-to-date manner in order to facilitate their retrieval. Completes filing in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Acknowledges alarms and processes work orders.
- Answers and screens telephone calls for section or area. Greets and screens telephone calls in pleasant and a professional manner. Identifies department and self when answering the phone. Asks caller for name and directs caller to appropriate person or area; informs intended recipient of callers identity through use of two-way radio or intercom. Answers telephones promptly; takes messages accurately and thoroughly. Process work orders promptly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one year of secretarial experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of computer and excellent telephone skills.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.