The Director of Clinical & Business Intelligence (the Director) will lead one of two groups (Operations or Data Science) within the Munson Healthcare (MHC) Clinical and Business Intelligence Team (CBIT) in alignment with MHC True North objectives and values, to meet the analytic and information needs of the MHC system. The Director will participate in shaping and implementing the intelligence strategy, organizational structure, technical architecture and intelligence delivery, as well as manage a group of analysts and data scientists around best practices for the organization involving analytics, reporting, data integrity, and clinical/business problem solving, by providing the organization with self-service reporting, .
The Director will also develop a governance process to manage and prioritize the handling of all data/information/content requests, as well as possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills while managing a diverse set of executive, business, and clinical stakeholder's interests.
Experience: Understanding of hospital operations, data management, and healthcare quality and finance practices, usually acquired by seven or more years of experience at a healthcare or healthcare consulting entity. Experience in a multi-hospital system a plus.
Other qualifications: Experience in directly dealing with senior leadership and business partners is strongly preferred. Direct involvement in the configuration and implementation of reporting and data management systems required; project management experience in such settings is preferred.
Key characteristics: Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, including working on multiple projects simultaneously required. Proficiency with presentations, excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills required. Professional demeanor and ability to interact successfully with both end-users and senior executives expected.
Directly reports to the Regional Vice President of Finance.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the True North guiding principles with the patient at the center of all we do at Munson Healthcare.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Develop strategies for successful use of data warehousing and clinical/business intelligence tools to improve MHC's ability to access its information assets.
- Ensure efficient and standard creation of user content across the system.
- Oversee successful implementation of CBI systems.
- Oversee successful implementation of a comprehensive enterprise data warehouse to serve as MHC's "single source of truth" for key subject areas and domains.
- Oversee ongoing utilization and optimization of dashboard and data visualization systems.
- Develop architecture for data security and auditing or related systems.
- Meet with organizations decision makers and end-users to define and prioritize internal and external CBI reporting needs.
- Direct oversight of the CBIT. Address individual staff position and career development needs.
- Advance the level of analytical support provided to MHC leadership.
- Participation in assessment of relevant administrative, clinical, and financial reporting procedures and deliverables related to these reporting tools.
- Advise department and other line managers regarding appropriate, effective and efficient use of MHC reporting capabilities and functions.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
- No direct clinical contact with patients.
- Possesses business acumen and clinical experience a plus
- Excellent communication ability
- Displays consistent leadership ability and human resource optimization
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehousing principles and clinical/business intelligence best practice.
- Knowledge of all technical aspects of CBI including data modeling, ETL processes, data management systems, data storage, and OLAP tools.
- Flexible, diplomatic and a motivated problem solver.
- Proven track record of delivering successful CBI projects that add significant value to the organization.
- Must be comfortable working in a fluid environment and with matrix reporting structures.
- Must be capable of adapting and improvising to overcome situational challenges.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a reasonably paced work environment.