| About Barclays |
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
The compliance team oversees the regulated activities that Barclays undertakes. They're responsible for setting out regulatory policies, keeping senior management informed about regulatory issues and monitoring conformance reviews.
The team includes experts in three main disciplines: regulatory compliance (including privacy and large shareholdings); anti-money laundering, sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption; and operations.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring:
Compliance with policies, procedures and regulations for Correspondent Banking and Corporate Banking line of business in relation to AML surveillance
The Bank meets its statutory obligations for reporting suspicious activity Compliance with the Barclays stated valued: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Stewardship
This will involve investigation of suspicious activity from alerts generated by surveillance systems and manual cases with SAR reporting as appropriate. This includes the ownership of the investigative cases from assignment to closure
Process Activity 75%
T eam Support 5%
- Conduct initial analysis and assessment of alerts generated from Mantas using internal/external research tools
- Accurately document rationale for case closure or escalation as appropriate within 90 days.
- Take ownership of individual cases using appropriate case management tools and techniques to progress in order to meet timescales for alert investigation processing
- Carry out varying levels of research/investigation, depending on the complexity of each alert/case
- Determine if additional field enquiries are required and escalate as appropriate for non/low quality responses
- Communicate across Barclays jurisdictions to gather additional data as required
- Provide recommendations for SAR filing by presenting documentation to support findings
- Preparation of quality SAR narrative for presentation at SAR review meetings
- Escalate tardy/non-responses for DFI/RFIs to the Team Leader.
- Perform additions to the CML and other watch lists as required.
- Maintain at least 94% proficiency on Level 2 reviews.
Manual/Project support 20%
- Proactively contribute to team performance and share best practice across team
- Actively participate and contribute in team meetings
- Handle administrative tasks as required
- Volunteer and manage/participate in special projects or reviews
- Perform misc. projects and tasks as requested by Teams Leaders/Management
- Assist in the support of the Financial Intelligence Unit when required
Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analysis and Judgement
- Quality Control and High Standards
- Attention to Detail
- Drive for Results
- Decision Making
- Team Player
- AML Compliance
- KYC Principles
- Bank operations -SWIFT, CHIPS, Reconciliation etc.
- Research and/or Investigations-Fraud, AML, or Risk
- Correspondent Banking Account Services
- Proven track record of meeting processing targets
- Ability to draw logical conclusions
- Proficient in using internet search tools
- Concise and accurate case management recording
- Advanced /swift PC skills
- Competent user of Microsoft office applications
- 3 years experience in Compliance, AML, Risk, Operations or Control
- Knowledge of Correspondent Banking
- Experience of the Mantas surveillance system
- Professional Accreditation for instance, ACAMS certification, ICA Diploma.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .