You will support Aviva's Alternative Income focus with respect to the Infrastructure Finance, Infrastructure Equity, Private Corporate Debt, Structured Finance and Real Estate Finance activities.
The various AIS (Alternative Income Solutions) teams' key objectives are to meet the investment requirements of their different fund strategies/mandates in terms of volume, return and risk appetite and to protect the value of the existing book to minimise losses wherever possible.
- Review and challenge new transactions, as part of the deal assessment and credit application process, with a focus (not exclusive) on Infrastructure
- Contribute in formulating a credit opinion and a credit rating of transactions, which is built into the Investment Committee's decisions.
- Ensure that Clients' money is invested in accordance with credit risk requirements.
- Engage proactively with the London & Paris teams within AIS, as well as Asset Management colleagues to help direct the structuring of new transactions and actively monitor existing deals, with a focus on Infrastructure.
- Work collaboratively with other Credit colleagues.
- Undertake the review, analysis and reporting of credit information from acquisition to repayment or re-structuring.
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of our credit rating framework.
- Participate in the development, implementation and on-going operation of the business' credit risk requirements in order to meet business, Fund and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure actual and potential loss events are logged and actioned in accordance with AIS policy.
Key Performance Indicators
- Evidence of challenge and promotion of risk appetite and credit policies
- Delivery of improved and efficient credit risk policies, procedures and processes
- Evidence that risk considerations are embedded into commercial decision making
- Evidence of positive stakeholder feedback on quality of analysis / commercial insight/ credit opinions written
- Quality of technical support
- Value added to the business
- Personal impact
- Effective risk management and control, facilitating timely identification and management of issues identified and implementation of regulatory reporting compliance requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of control weaknesses in own area and implement effective plans to address
- All material events escalated in accordance with agreed standards
- Evidence of ongoing self-development
- Internal / external networking
- Provision of technical support and advice to colleagues
- University degree / professional finance qualifications / relevant post-graduate qualification
- Previous experience in the financial sector, either at graduate level or above, and with a good awareness of commercial and financial matters including the principles of good lending practice.
- Knowledge of the infrastructure sector is essential.
- A thorough understanding of related credit risk strategies, products, risk profiles and regulatory requirements.
- The ability to apply conceptual thinking to identify and resolve critical issues.
- A high level of proficiency in mathematical concepts and accounting principles and techniques.
- Able to give advice and guidance within specialisation to staff at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise plan and adapt to best use resources.
- Proven ability to build and manage strong relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- The ability to manage and engage in meetings, both internal and external.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to influence decision making at senior levels.
- Decisive, determined and willing to challenge staff at all levels on key business issues.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and report writing skills.
- Recognised as a subject matter expert whose opinions are actively sought.
- Solution driven and ability to propose / consider suitable risk mitigation to facilitate business
- Knowledge of Solvency II requirements and in particular the management of credit risk for insurance forms.
- Understanding of enterprise risk management concepts.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team working collaboratively towards the business vision and goals.
- Good knowledge of loan documentation, legal concepts and debt structuring considerations.
- Understanding of credit rating processes is a plus.
About Aviva Investors:
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.