A career in a pediatric healthcare organization is special because of the amazing work done every day. Children’s National is the largest private non-profit medical and research facility in the mid-Atlantic region dedicated exclusively to the care of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
This position participates in planning, implementation, management and evaluation of the purchasing activities within the Supply Chain Department in accordance with accepted standards and administrative policies. Through the utilization of effective vendor, contract, and systems management, this position is responsible for managing the overall business processes and day-to-day activities related to the timely acquisition of material goods and services in a cost-effective manner that meets the clinical, operational and quality patient-care needs of the hospital. The Procurement Operations Manager reports directly to the Director of Supply Chain Services.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree strongly preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related field and five (5) years of purchasing experience. Master's Degree Highly preferred. Equivalent experience or skills normally acquired through five (5) years of Healthcare Supply Chain experience and three (3) years management experience.
Analytical skills necessary to develop and execute a variety of financial and operational analyses. Ability to communicate both oral and written complex technical issues in a clear concise manner to individuals and to communicate ideas, conclusions, etc. to all levels of the hospital. Problem solving skills to manage day-to-day challenges and develop and execute long-term improvement. Must be computer literate in ERP applications such as PeopleSoft, GHX, and Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word and MS Excel.
- Manages the day-to-day business processes within the Purchasing department, including daily processing of purchase orders, purchase order invoice matching, vendor returns, and new vendor introduction. Troubleshoots operational issues and develops action plans to resolve.
- Manages product recall system, RASMAS, and ensures all recall notifications are communicated and appropriate operational actions are executed.
- Supervises Buyers and other purchasing support staff to ensure that quality products, equipment and services are purchased within the required time frame, at cost effective prices, and ensures that Supply Chain support functions are carried out related to standard policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development, communication, and compliance of process efficiencies related to the Supply Chain Department & rsquo;s role in the requisition-to-payment process. Provides ongoing validation using various tools such as GHX, Vizient Savings Actualyzer, and PeopleSoft ERP tools to ensure that pricing is correct and item master files are accurate and complete. >LI>Develops and maintains requisition and purchase order management processes and controls with customer departments. Meets with assigned customers to develop and maintain an understanding of the role Procurement plays within the hospital.
- Co-facilitates Procure-to-Pay meetings. Responsible for timely and appropriate communication and coordination of efforts between the Supply Chain Department (Contracting, Stores and Distribution, Value Analysis) and the Accounts Payable Department to resolve invoicing discrepancies and to ensure timely and accurate payment of purchase order invoices. Assists in the resolution of all procure to pay discrepancies.
- Develops, maintains and updates all policies and procedures related to the procurement functions. Responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility.
Department Strategic Planning
- With Director, participates in the development and review of annual and long-term goals and strategies for the Supply Chain Department. Implements strategic plan through management of day-to-day operations of department/ service area.
- Acts as a liaison between the Supply Chain Department and other departments and process partners. Leads, directs, or assists in special projects and evaluations
- Promotes quality service through problem-solving skills that foster positive communication and interpersonal relationships with Supply Chain staff.
- Assists Director in development, implementation and evaluation of performance reports and budget variances to achieve departmental goals.
- Collaborate and support all Value Analysis and Contracting initiatives to drive cost effective purchasing and compliance with all executed contracts. Attends Value Analysis Committee meetings, where appropriate, or sends suitably-prepared alternative attendee.
- Reviews and prepares reports and metrics on purchasing operations that drive compliance related to buyer performance.
Human Resources / Staff Management
- In collaboration with Director, responsible for the hiring, training and education, evaluation, discipline and/or discharge of assigned staff within the Supply Chain Department. Re-distributes workloads as necessary.
- Mentors and coaches direct reports to aid staff development and ensure that departmental objectives are met with regard to customer service and procurement best-practices. Fosters and builds a collaborative procurement team within and across functional lines to achieve world-class performance.
- Monitors Buyer performance and ensures collaborative partnerships with other functional departments including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Value Analysis, Receiving and Contracting.
- Manage the working environment to promote productivity and motivation. Monitor and promote strong employee engagement.
Internal and External Collaboration
- Assists and participates in defining, strategizing, and implementing Value Analysis and Contracting initiatives.
- Familiarity with all contracts (GPO, local, etc.) terms, and compliance commitments.
- Participates in Vendor Business Reviews as necessary. Resolves vendor and system management process interface issues related to purchase order transactions
- Maintains compliance with Vendor Management policies and procedures and ensuring that all Representatives coordinate their visitation schedules through the Value Analysis Manager.
- Operates as the procurement subject matter expert and ensures end user competency within ERP system by assisting in training, monitoring competency of requisition builds and managing end user access to system.
Children’s offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please apply online at https://cnhs.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1700010H&lang=en Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities