Colorado State University is accepting applications for Manager of the Confucius Institute at CSU. The Confucius Institute Manager is responsible for the administration of the Confucius Institute, including both projects and programs. The position's focus will be on the day to day management of operations, including budget administration and oversight. This involves working in close collaboration with the CSU China Programs unit within the Office of International Programs, and interfacing with relevant departments at CSU, Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban), Hunan University, as well as public schools, businesses and organizations throughout Northern Colorado. This is a full-time Administrative Professional position at CSU reporting to the Director of the Confucius Institute who, at present, is also the Associate Provost for China Programs.
Salary: mid-$40s, DOE, plus benefits equaling approximately 25% of salary.
Completed applications must be received by Monday, May 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (MST). For full consideration, applications must be received by the deadline; however, the candidate pool will be kept open until the position is filled.
The full position announcement and application instructions are available at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/44413
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, education, business, science, public administration, international/intercultural studies, or a related field
- In depth experience with or knowledge of Chinese culture and language
- Professional experience in program coordination and event management
- Professional experience managing budgets
- Fluency in English, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Advanced proficiency in Standard Mandarin Chinese
- The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application; International Programs cannot provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Must have a valid Colorado driver's license or the ability to obtain a valid Colorado driver's license by the start date (or access to a licensed driver) and the willingness to travel to schools and locations off-campus for regular meetings and events.