Budget and HR Analyst
The George Mason University Office of the Provost invites qualified candidates for a 12-month, full-time Budget and Human Resources (HR) Analyst for the Global Education Office (formerly Mason Study Abroad). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This hands-on position will provide support to the Director of the Global Education Office and Office of the Provost staff. The incumbent will serve as an expert in the integration and utilization of process and data. Communication with a variety of personnel throughout the university is required, therefore the incumbent will serve as a liaison for the Global Education Office with various university personnel regarding all financial and HR issues. The successful candidate will support the day-to-day management of all study abroad HR and budget activities such as:
- Monitoring and processing daily payments received online via credit cards;
- Posting and marking off-charges to students' accounts ensuring all scholarships are applied appropriately;
- Processing PO's and invoices for all vendor payments ensuring timely payment distributions;
- Processing and reconciling all travel authorizations, travel advances and reimbursements;
- Processing contracts and payments to all university personnel leading study abroad programs;
- Ensuring all university policies and procedures are being followed in all payments and reimbursements;
- Ensuring reconciliation of all revenue and expenses are performed as required;
- Working with complex university information systems, and
- Serving as an expert in the integration and utilization of process and data from sources such as eVA, Sodexo, Travel, University Foundation and related sources.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field;
- Strong organizational, financial and HR skills;
- Solid skills in office technology and procedures;
- Computer literate and adept at MS Excel, MS Access, Adobe and Internet programs;
- Solid people skills including the ability to interact with faculty and students; comfortable and professional in handling confidential information; and
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with a population of diverse individuals and should be skilled at dealing with problems and finding workable solutions.
- Experience in a university administrative setting is a plus;
- Advanced experience with MS Excel, MS Access, as well as Terra Dotta, MicroStrategy or other Oracle reporting tools experience; and
- Previous professional experience.
Salary: $47,500-$50,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check, Financial Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02157z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.