General Descriptionfull-time position with the Nursing Business Office; 37.5 hours per week; Monday -Friday
Reporting to the Director of Financial Operations, provide day-to-day maintenance of budgets and expense processing based on an awareness of the status of department funding sources, including monthly account reconciliation. Responsible for knowing and interpreting JHU financial policy and process, communicating effectively to JHU employees and non-employees related to financial transactions, and use SAP extensively and effectively. Aligned with the mission of the School of Nursing which is to improve the health of individuals and diverse communities locally and globally through leadership and excellence in nursing education, research, practice, and service, it is expected that the successful candidate displays the school's values of excellence, respect, diversity, integrity, and accountability.
(Primary Responsibilities, 75%):
- Provide day-to-day maintenance of budgets based on an awareness of the status of department or unit funding sources, including most of the following: monthly account reconciliation, ongoing monitoring of expenses, processing travel expenses, coordinating procurement processes and vendor payments, coding invoices, initiating cost transfers and/or wire payments for several departments within the School of Nursing.
- Place orders and expedites deliveries with various vendors and suppliers. Verify shipments and follow up on status of orders and deliveries. Assist in other administrative duties as needed.
- Assist in development and maintenance of budget monitoring systems by setting up electronic and paper files, recommending and following work flow, and suggesting process improvements.
- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate, and format data and/or reports.
- Prepare routine, standard, and ad-hoc reports for sponsoring agencies based on knowledge of existing data.
(Other Responsibilities, 25%)
- Assist in developing budgets and budget projections, based on a basic knowledge of funding sources, by performing basic calculations and analyses, generating standard reports, and applying approved processes and procedures.
- Process student awards, sub-awards, and budget reallocations for grants managed by exempt-level budget staff.
- Track and monitor revenue and expenditures to identify variances and to provide up-to-date expenditure and balance information.
- Review and process payroll and accounting transactions and verify expenditures against approved budgets to ensure compliance with university guidelines and/or sponsor requirements and restrictions.
- Using templates, review and assess budget patterns and project expenditures. On a regular and continuous basis, exercise administrative judgment and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area.
Perform other duties as required.