- Proven ability to support students with learning difference academically and socially using research based interventions and accommodations.
- Understands Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles.
- Demonstrates data-driven instructional practices and behavior management strategies.
- Uses evidence-based or research-based strategies to increase student self-management, choice-making, and independence.
- Understands psycho-educational test results to determine reasonable accommodations within school-based program.
- Experience with the proctoring and accommodations process with College Boards and ACT.
- Skilled in instructional and assistive technology as means of access and expression for students with disabilities.
- Uses research-based lessons and designs curriculum for Learning Seminar class.
- Confident at working independently as well as collaboratively.
- Skillful at identifying key texts, ideas, materials and supplies that work to reflect the school's mission of academic excellence.
- Confidently and tactfully communicates with students, teachers, and families to ensure the highest quality educational experience for our students.
- Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Highly organized, timely communication.
- Professionally engaged, excellent communicator and collaborator.
- Life-long learner.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution; Master’s degree a plus.
- Learning Specialist credential in Mild/Moderate Disabilities.
- Minimum of 3 years in secondary education working with students with high incidence disabilities.
- Experienced in case management using positive behavioral supports and current behavior practices.
- Experienced at setting student goals and progress monitoring.
Physical Demands and Work Environment (with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- View and operate a computer frequently and consistently, in regards to primary work functions.
- Communicate effectively with school population.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all office equipment including but not limited to computers, copy machines, and telephones.
- Travel safely and comfortably across a 50,000 sq. ft. campus often several times in a workday.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate's education and experience. Kehillah has a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, vision, LTD, 403(b) retirement, FSA, free gym membership, and more. Pre-employment background screening is required for all positions. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Please apply online by sending a resume, cover letter, and at least one letter of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Kehillah Jewish High School, visit our website at: http://www.kehillah.org.
Kehillah Jewish High School is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Kehillah are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, ancestry, or any other status protected by Federal, state, or local laws or regulations. Kehillah will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.