| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Plant Operator who will be responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing MSKCC Outpatient Facilities building and physical plant machinery/equipment in accordance with required engineering practice.
- Inspect and test all building and plant machinery, equipment and systems to ensure the safe and efficient operation.
- Operate, repair, replace, maintain, and install all parts of physical plant machinery and equipment.
- Responds to customer questions or requests demonstrating courteous and professional customer service.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and secure work environment. Ensures proper care and use of tools, equipment, supplies and materials.
- Ensure secure and safe conditions for employees and visitors and provides services to protect MSKCC buildings, assets, and premises.
- Take necessary precautions to comply with institutional, departmental, or regulatory agency safety requirements and infection control standards.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
You will need:
- High school, vocational trade school or equivalent
- 3 years experience with sufficient knowledge to handle assignments of routine and non-routine difficulty independently. Demonstrated understanding of refrigeration cycles, heating, cooling, air and water conveyance systems as they apply to HVAC or
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with in mechanical engineering, marine engineering, facilities management with a United States Coast Guard license and NYC Refrigeration System Operating Engineer Q-01 or Q-99 Certificate of Fitness or
- Bachelor of Technology in Facilities Management, Environment Controls with one (1) year experience and NYC Refrigeration System Operating Engineer Q-01 or Q-99 Certificate of Fitnes
- Ability to use various hand and power tools, rigging equipment, instruments such as pressure gauge testing devices, manometers, air/water flow meters, pneumatic instrumentation calibration and testing equipment, pyrometers, steam trap analyzers, heat flow sensors and tachometers.
- New York City G17 (use of piped O2/N02 in hospital)
- NYC Refrigeration Operators
- NYC G35 (operate air compressors)
- NYC G48 (use and storage of cryogenic liquid /gases)
- NYC Standpipe and Sprinkler Certificate
- New York State Pesticide Applicator Certificate
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.