| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Training Assistant will assist the Program Manager and Lab Director in all areas of new program development in communication skills training, analytic and innovative, from program material creation to meeting and training coordination and administrative support. He/she will Support all logistical aspects of training day activities for non-protocol communication skills training programs as well as new development and pilot programs in health communication. The Training Assistant will ensure appropriate program data is collected before, during, and after training day through surveys, evaluations, and follow up interviews with learners, facilitators, and stakeholders to meet program objectives. The Training Assistant will also be responsible for coding the interactions taken during program assessments to assess for skill uptake. He/she will report on program outcomes.
- Quick learner when facing new situations
- Confident under pressure
- Articulate and able to deliver messages in a clear, compelling and concise manner.
- Able to quickly and decisively take action in a fast-changing, unpredictable situations
- Energized when faced with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Support the execution of all non-protocol communication skills training programs; conduct pre-program eligibility screening and intake; collects all necessary program data for incoming learner groups
- Support program development
- Generate reports to all necessary parties on the progress of an individual learner, a group of learners, or a program as a whole (includes coding analysis)
- Participate in activities to ensure accurate and complete data and program compliance.
- Monitor quality assurance of all materials developed and its production
- Prepare program materials to meet objectives
- Provides administrative support, as needed for program development meetings, and training operations; ensures accuracy and timely communication flow of written materials.
- Provide technical support for the video software used in the lab, as well as innovative approaches to online training
- Work: 9:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday – Friday
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Masters Degree in Public Health or Program planning
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.