| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The international center is seeking a Guest Service Assistant
- Coordination of the MD referral and intake process of potential and new patients
- Setting up of appointments and collection/processing of associated fees
- Coordination of Opinion by Mail Review and Path Review services and collection/processing of associated fees
- Pre-registration of patients requiring onsite consultation and services
- Assisting potential and new patients with issues relating to non-clinical issues
- Providing coverage of the reception area (phone answering and greeting of visitors)
Hours: Monday-Friday between 7:30am-3:30pm (7.5 hour workday)
- A minimum of an Associates Degree plus 3 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Ability to speak read and write in English; fluency in a foreign language is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a highly interactive team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a knowledge of and sensitivity to different cultures and needs of foreign visitors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Administrative ability to manage and track detailed information.
- Ability to translate complex medical information to foreign patients and to ensure their understanding of the communication.
- Computer skills required include the ability to use various software, such as word processing and spreadsheet applications, and to access on-line systems used at MSKCC.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.