All applications and nominations will be held in the strictest confidence. The Search Committee will begin reviewing candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, a statement summarizing the applicant's personal vision and relevant leadership experience, as well as preferred contact information, and should be sent electronically (Word or PDF files preferred) to Executive Secretary to the Provost, Sue Fabbro, 303 East Kearsley Street, 229 University Pavilion, Flint, Michigan 48502-1950.
- Advancing the vision, mission, and core values of the School and the University;
- Promoting academic excellence in degree programs and in the teaching, research, and service of faculty;
- Demonstrating strategic thinking, effective administration and fiscal management in order to enhance the School and its faculty;
- Providing leadership for academic management that ensures efficient course offerings, effective program advising, increased student retention and timely completion of degrees;
- Collaborating with colleagues in Academic Affairs and leaders across the University to accomplish UM-Flint's strategic priorities;
- Developing external relationships and fund development opportunities for the School and its academic programs;
- Actively participating in the community and enhancing effective partnerships between academic programs, faculty, students, and community organizations;
- Successfully develop and assess programs;
- Actively participating in the community and increasing the visibility of the School;
- Pursuing the increase in international initiatives and other alliances for the School;
- Developing and supporting faculty, staff, student, and alumni partnerships within the health care community.
Candidates should be passionate advocates for nursing education, nursing science, and clinical excellence through preparation of nurse scholars and leaders and a commitment to the health and well-being of the community; academic leaders with a track record of effective academic and administrative experiences; and be visionary and strategic thinkers who can demonstrate collaboration and administrative accomplishment. We seek candidates with earned doctorates in a field of study in which the institution has an academic program and credentials commensurate with a tenured appointment at the rank of full professor. Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
- Awareness of, and responsiveness to, challenges and opportunities in the changing landscape of nursing.
- Experience in shared governance with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills, and commitments to cultural diversity and inclusion.
- Commitment to lifelong learning, student success, and academic excellence in face-to-face and distance education.
- Participation in interprofessional development and experience developing team skills in health professionals.
- Experience with specialized, professional accreditation and with fiscal and personnel management.
- Substantial accomplishments in both student recruitment and academic success.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Commitment to shared decision-making and governance.
- Experience interacting with health/human service settings and with multiple health professions.
- Excellence in written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills that encourage open dialogue with faculty, staff, students and the community.
Experience in fund development and in developing and acquiring grants; and building partnerships in the public and private sectors of health communities preferred.
Experience as a dean with accredited programs preferred.
Knowledge and experience in leadership roles at a higher education institution, including understanding of the complexities of academics in an urban institution, is preferred.
We encourage current faculty and staff to consider applying for this position.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.