General Cook I - The Inn at Villanova University
Posting Number: 20171335S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become a part of the team at the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The General Cook I performs a variety of task including, but not limited to food prep, grill cooking, cleaning and sanitation of kitchen area under supervision of Management. This person is responsible for food safety and sanitation under guidelines set by The Inn at VU. This person works with chefs, managers and other staff to ensure the success of the Inn. All team members should improve our systems and overall operation.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work assigned areas such as main kitchen, buffets, action stations, etc.
- Follow recipes and produce food items as assigned by Chefs. Maintain proper food temperatures and appearance of food. Record and maintain food production records. Responsible for gathering ingredients, utensils, pots, pans and food from walk-ins and freezers for preparation of product.
- Clean and sanitize equipment including but not limited to hoods, ovens, grills, floors, walls, hot trucks, kettles, prep tables, broilers, char broilers and other cleaning task as assigned by chefs/ managers.
- Work special functions if requested.
- Additional duties as assigned by chefs/managers that may include utility and pantry duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or Formal GED.
- Basic knowledge of food service safety and sanitation procedures.
- Must have at least one year of basic food service experience.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Practices excellent personal hygiene habits; follows and adheres to uniform standards daily.
- Basic communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with people on a constant basis.
- Basic knowledge of operating kitchen equipment and their functions.
- Ability to set-up, operate, break down and clean.
- Ability to properly use knives, slicer, pizza ovens and other equipment as directed by chef/managers.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Tools, machinery and equipment used: Knives, oven, grill, fryer, slicer, broiler, rational oven, dish machine, floor cleaning machines such as wrangler.
- Environmental conditions: (any unusual/adverse conditions such as exposure to chemicals, noise, illumination, air quality, weather exposure etc.) Ability to use chemicals daily as required. Will use proper protective equipment as called for by the specific chemical and task.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds independently, sit stand for extended periods, push/pull up to 40 pounds independently, use various chemicals.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 04/18/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: $12.18/hour
Salary Band: E
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/11046
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency