Requisition ID: req1410
Job Title: Non-Credit Instructor
Department: Strategic Workforce Develop
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Employment Status: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: 20.00 - 30.00
Schedule: TBD M-SA, 1:00-9:00pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Teach WD curriculum topics including, but not limited to, Customer Service, Leadership, Workforce Collaboration, specific industry software, platforms, and methodologies, etc.
2) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of instructional materials and facilities.
3) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of course descriptions, course outlines, and syllabi.
4) Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives. Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner. Determines and submits students' grades in accordance with established college policies and procedures.
5) Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with the Faculty Handbook and departmental policies.
6) Assists in the identification of students with academic or other needs, and responds by utilizing and appropriate resource.
7) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works as required in order to meet workload demands.
8) Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: mastery level of adult learning theory; delivering adult instruction; communication and computer; organizing and coordinating training programs. High knowledge level in Mechanical Engineering Technology and Electronics Engineering Technology. Skilled in: communication, verbal, non-verbal and written: ensures understanding, adjusting to audience; maintaining the audience attention; present in logical manner and summarize information to audience; defining clear goals. Ability to: focus on the customer; educate and understand customer's needs and concerns; follow a logical sequence; use learning aids build collaborative relationships.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum qualifications for this position are: Associate of Applied Sciences degree with at least one year of experience; State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated excellence within an adult learning organization.