NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Infrastructure Support Tech.
In this role, the successful candidate Independent contributor IT professional, applying technical expertise in one or more IT disciplines. Provides and maintains a reliable technical infrastructure to effectively serve the customer community. This may include running, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems, servers, networks, and/or desktop environments; responding promptly and effectively to customer problems and either directly resolving the problems or escalating to the appropriate resource and monitoring its effective resolution. Also includes telephone operator staff. Receives general direction, work in progress is reviewed routinely
- Selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges.
- Knowledge of ticketing system such as HEAT, Remedy, etc.
- Support MS Office products and active directory
- Independently designs technical solutions for modules of a project, or to resolve most problems.
- Participates in testing and evaluating new software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc and implements prototypes.
- Provides high quality customer service.
- Documents problems and resolutions. May perform end-user training.
- Provides Tier 2 support to the IT community, and troubleshoots problems using scripts and checklists as guides. Escalates to Tier 3 support when necessary.
- Maintains software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc; supports mobile workforce.
- Involved in the installation and rollout of new and upgrade of existing software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc.
- Configures and installs software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc. for the IT community.
- Troubleshoots and restores routine technical service and equipment troubles by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures.
- Provides technical advice and guidance relative to problems involving technical user issues.
- Responsible for providing support all MCIT customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Typically requires 4 or more years of experience and BA/BS degree or equivalent
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.