NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Spvr-FGP LPN (37.5).
In this role, the successful candidate In addition to regular clinical duties, responsible for providing ongoing supervision of the medical assistant staff. Provide oversight of the day to day operations of the clinic. Assists Nurse Manager with problem solving and practice development. Works in collaboration with the nurses, clinical secretaries and medical records to implement policies that improve operations
- Clinical job duties of a staff LPN to include providing medication injections, rooming patients for providers, responding to patient messages by phone and electronically.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules the activities of the medical assistants. Participate in the interdisciplinary planning for patient care with the physicians.
- Oversee all aspects of the patient care support operations and activities related to supervision of the medical assistants. Work in collaboration with the nurse manager to identify staffing needs: interview, hires, disciplines and terminates. Prioritizes office needs, allocates staff based on skills and ability to meet objectives. Delegates and distributes work assignments. Develop competencies and assign staff to train all new and temporary employees. Evaluate employees proficiency with all duties. Evaluate job performance. Authorizes attendance, schedule, payroll and sick time changes. Reviews attendance of employees and discuss issues of excessive absences or lateness. Assist nurse manager in the implementation of office policies and procedures.
- Assist the Nurse Manager with oversight of the faculty practice facility. Order and maintain par levels for supplies, equipment and linen. Ensure equipment is maintained in a clean manner and properly functioning.
- Recognizes routine problems and recommends ideas and solutions. Advises when follow-up or management intervention is required. Implement and monitor compliance to regulatory guidelines and take corrective actions where appropriate. Oversee all QI and QA activities related to Point of Care Testing. Lead quality initiatives for the advancement of the practice.
- Takes proactive steps toward professional and organizational development of staff. Work in collaboration with the Nurse Manager to recommend methods to restructure the practice to meet current and future goals of the department. Implements performance improvement activities within the department. Coordinates activities and workshops to support an environment of development and learning in accordance with the vision of the department. Trains staff and clearly explains proper work procedures and methods and office policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Licensed LPN in NYS
- 5 + years' experience as an LPN required
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.