When submitting application materials, cover letter and resume must be combined into a single attachment
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Prospect Development Analyst to join our Research and Prospect Management (RPM) Team. In collaboration with multiple WFAA development teams, the Prospect Development Analyst provides prospect information and consultation in support of effective fundraising programs and activities. This position provides portfolio management support to development officers, utilizing prospect management best practices and prospect data to optimize fundraising resources.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (www.supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (www.uwalumni.com), whose legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.
Prospect Development Consultative Services
- Consult with development clients in regular portfolio consultation meetings to advise on portfolio composition, discuss portfolio activity and understand prospect identification needs.
- Partner with new Development Directors and Prospect Identification Analyst team to assist in establishing portfolios.
- Collaborate with RPM Team members to identify, evaluate, and recommend assignment and qualification of the University’s top prospects.
- Coordinate with business intelligence and analytics teams to deploy systems to help enhance prospect management strategies and reporting for success in all stages of development.
Prospect Management Duties
- Implement prospect management strategies, business processes and protocols, specifically those activities focused on informing and motivating prospect activity.
- Serve as subject matter expert on prospect management policies and system processes, providing training to development clients as needed.
- Develop, document and maintain a schedule of regular data audit tasks to ensure that prospect management data is optimized for portfolio management and organizational reporting.
Prospect Qualification Duties
- Research new prospects using experience and judgement to qualify prospects for major gift development. The review process includes capacity verification, demographic updates, broad interest and philanthropic history and provides rationale for unit assignment.
Participate as member of Research & Prospect Management Team
- Attend and participate in regular research meetings and offsites.
- Share best practices and provide training for research colleagues.
- Attend and participate in development group meetings on a regular basis.
- Lead or participate in strategic planning and priority team projects.
- Recommend research information sources and other tools for subscription renewal, new purchase, or as an addition to regularly used free web sources.
- Participate in organization-wide task forces or other appropriate groups.
- Participate in at least one appropriate professional development conference, continuing education course, or workshop per year.
- Present information on prospect development function during staff training and orientation sessions.
- When applicable, share prospect development expertise with development officers and researchers at other organizations.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full time, exempt position, reporting to the Managing Director, Research and Prospect Management. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit program.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment to:
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on May 12, 2017.
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer