This position reports to the System Director of Patient Access and is responsible for managing all aspects of the CHRISTUS Health Patient Access training program. This role will be tasked with the creation of educational material for system wide distribution using a variety of mediums (face to face, electronic/online, self-instructed, and paper). It is the expectation that educational material will be of the highest quality and professionalism and should be focused on associate development, customer service, data integrity, and maximizing reimbursement for CHRISTUS Health. This position will collaborate with all levels of Revenue Cycle from the System Director to the associate level, in the use of applications and processes used by Patient Access. This is a professional position that requires proficient teaching abilities and the interpersonal skills to establish trusting relationships with associates and management, and is responsible for the development of improved performance competencies for the department staff.
* Develops, implements, and maintains New Hire Orientation and on-going training programs
* Identifies educational needs for internal and external customers
* Works closely with Regional Educators/PAS Leadership teams to provide consistent, high quality educational material to all associates
* Creation of monthly P.A.R.T. Newsletter
* Leads recurring Regional Educator Call to discuss ways to improve PAS performance through enhanced training
* Manages the database for all Policies and Procedures impacting PAS operations, and ensures said P&Ps are current, standardized, and in alignment with facility operations
* Works across department lines (Managed Care, HIM, PFS, TLRA, etc.) to identify opportunities for development through improved educational offerings to PAS associates
* Maintains knowledge of current regulatory rules and requirements (e.g. JCAHO, HIPAA, CMS, and other federal and state guidelines).
* Maintains knowledge of reimbursement requirements for all payers
* Participates in the development and testing of system applications and provides training
* Communicates effectively all aspects of Patient Access utilizing multiple resources
* Available to provide assistance to associates on a real time basis to address questions and operational issues
* Participates in meetings on behalf of Corporate PAS Leadership team
* Completes required training as needed.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.