80 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
Night shift; Wed Sat 10:00pm 8:30am
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
The new 53 bed hospital in Longmont will join UCHealth and Longmont Clinic's proud tradition of superior care and unwavering commitment to patients and the communities we serve. Longs Peak Hospital combines a high energy environment and a "patient first mentality," giving employees the opportunity to deliver the highest quality care to patients. The highest quality of care gives patients access to advanced treatments, complex surgeries and innovative clinical trials across the entire UCHealth system.
Operate and maintain the physical facilities, equipment, systems and utilities of the system as assigned. Perform maintenance, lubrication, cleaning of boilers, chillers and all central plant equipment. Provide advice and expertise to the Plant Services Worker I personnel. Perform supervisory duties in the absence of the Lead Plant Services Workers.
- Post high school training program, or extensive experience in maintenance trade as a service and/or repair person preferred.
- Multi-year experience in an industrial maintenance setting in at least two of the following skilled crafts with exposure to at least two more: emergency power generation, plumbing, pipe fitting, temperature control, steam generation and distribution, chilled water generation and distribution, water treatment.
- Seven to ten (7-10) years experience in the maintenance and operations of boilers, chillers, heating units and systems, generators, ventilation equipment, plumbing fixtures and all heating and cooling distribution systems.
- Class A Stationary Certificate, or can become Class A certified within 1 year of hire.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must be 21 years old to qualify for UCHealth auto insurance coverage.
- Signed UCHealth Driver Agreement required. If establishing residency, must acquire Colorado driver's license within 30 days pursuant to Colorado state law.
- Develop needed equipment and systems knowledge on existing and new equipment and utilities to ensure ability to perform assigned duties. Upgrade that knowledge as appropriate. The knowledge level expected is as generally evidenced at a Class A certification level.
- Design and implement new utility systems or equipment operating systems to suit the needs of a patient care service or of the facility, as assigned.
- Adhere to trade practices and codes in performance of assigned tasks to ensure work is completed appropriately.
- Diagnose and remedy trouble in existing utility systems and equipment and recommend and implement improvements to those systems and/or equipment to correct identified problems, as assigned.
- Advise and assist Plant Services Worker I personnel to ensure tasks are completed correctly.
- Operate and maintain equipment, facilities and systems as needed and/or as assigned to ensure these contribute to the safe execution of the purpose of the system. Accurately record and report work performed.
- Performance of these duties will require accessing roof areas, basements, equipment rooms, tunnels, crawl spaces and other minimally accessible areas on a daily basis.
- Has knowledge of regulations imposed by local, state or other healthcare authorities. Dexterity with tools is required. Ability to read and record information such as instrument readings, equipment information and systems information in dimly lit areas is required. Teamwork and general communications skills are required.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.