As representatives of GiGi’s Playhouse, it is essential all employees display a pleasant and professional personal presence, most importantly an exceptional disposition to interact directly with children with Down syndrome and their families. The National Programs Director is a goal-oriented conscientious individual who manages and directs the national organization toward its primary programming and volunteer management objectives.
With the help of a team of national program managers and coordinators, program committees, as well as input from Playhouse staff, board members and volunteers across the country, this individual is ultimately responsible for the operational success of GiGi’s Playhouse’s therapeutic-based, educational, and career-development programs across a distributed network of Playhouses. Managing this at a national level includes ensuring the replicability of programs, ensuring program excellence, purposefulness and consistency, establishing and measuring program quality, impact and participation metrics, and defining and delivering program-related training. Further, this role is responsible for ensuring the long term sustainability of GiGi’s programs through demonstrated impact, program videos and progress metrics that can facilitate ongoing funding opportunities. The National Program Director is a key external face of GiGi’s Playhouse Inc. throughout the growing playhouse network.
- Manages national program staff (Therapeutic and Career-Development Program Manager, Educational Coordinator, Fitness & Nutrition Coordinator, etc.)
- Ensures effective and efficient management of program funding
- Drives the continuous improvement of all Playhouse programs in terms of:
- Increasing program participation
- Gaining greater commitment and satisfaction from volunteers
- Improving opportunities for increased program impact and participant progress
- Continuous improvement of program resources and training tools
- Ongoing program development to ensure delivery of leading program lineup, materials and curricula, using current research and available technology & resources
- Quality Control and Program Scalability
- Ensure a replicable model exists for implementing all Signature programs, including easy access to all tools and resources on shared portal
- Conduct monthly program call with Playhouse representatives from across the network
- Implement strategies that will maximize the synergies across Playhouses and the collection and distribution of best practices and program ideas across the network, including behavior management tools, lesson plans, etc.
- Ensure proper resources are available to the network in order to successfully run the operational elements of programs (e.g., Program Manuals, Lesson Plans, Curriculum Guides, etc.)
- Track Program Impact
- Coordinate the development of objective impact metrics for all Signature programs
- Partner with IT team on technical solutions for tracking results in a way that maximizes adoption
- Ensure Playhouse staff consistently capture progress and record in the database
- Consistently report on all impact metrics by location to identify trends in compliance with reporting as well as differences in results in order to learn from the high performers and identify opportunities to work with the lower performers on improvement strategies
- Aggregate all impact results network-wide for use in grant-writing opportunities and assist with program-related language for grant-writing, particularly with regard to impact statements
- Ensure Program Sustainability
- Help ensure continual funding for programs by providing stories, impact statements, progress metrics and cost measures to donors, grantors and the community
- Partner with grant writer(s) to identify funding opportunities, edit proposals, provide cost and impact data, and report on progress to grantors
- Program Marketing and Demonstration of Impact
- Guide the development of program marketing tools, including web content, program posters, brochures, video snippets, etc. that can demonstrate the scope and impact of GiGi’ Playhouse programs
- Ensure the maintenance of a digital library that includes high quality photos for all programs
- Staff and Volunteer Training
- Manage the development of comprehensive and continually improving training materials for playhouse staff and program leads, such as videos for all signature programs, presentations on program execution, including translations into Spanish as necessary
- Oversee the requirements development of a Learning Management System (LMS) to facilitate the delivery, tracking and storage of training programs and materials for use across the Playhouse network
- Visionary Leadership; displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes oneself available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; ability to be creative, open minded and flexible; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Communication - Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to express ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.