Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Program Supervisor to join our Calumet team!
The Program Supervisor supervises program staff and carries out administrative tasks related to CHA Resident Services Self Sufficiency Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures outreach to engage targeted Self-Sufficiency caseload.
- Performs situational assessments and vocational explorations.
- Observes and documents consumer’s vocational assets.
- Develops, implements, and monitors Individual Employment Plans.
- Coordinates and communicates with referral sources, community agencies and providers.
- Ensures that clients who complete job readiness training or other employment preparation services will have improved workforce readiness and career awareness as determined.
- Assists non-working adults in obtaining permanent employment in high demand industries.
- Monitors retention of employment placements at the 30-day, 60-day, 90-day and 180-day mark.
- Maintains contact with employers as needed to address any barriers, concerns or client support.
- Works within contract, grant, and program requirements including meeting timelines and reporting requirements. Utilizes a team approach and works with other program staff in the planning and implementation of services.