INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 22 universities in the US, UK and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham and Washington State University
Drew University is a private, liberal arts university located in Madison, N.J., just 29 miles west of New York City. Ranked among the top liberal arts institutions nationwide by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes and Washington Monthly, Drew is also listed in Princeton Review’s Best 378 Colleges. Drew has a total student enrollment of 2,019 in three schools: The College of Liberal Arts, the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies and the Drew Theological School. The undergraduate program offers degrees in 30 different disciplines, while Caspersen and the Theological School offer degrees at the masters of arts and doctorate levels.
This position reports directly to the Director of Student Experience at INTO Drew University
This position provides support services for INTO students to assist with issues of cultural and academic adjustment and to enhance the students’ overall university experience. This individual coordinates programs and activities designed to promote academic success and integration within the university community. This position is an integral part of the student services team.
Key accountabilities and duties
The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will generally include the following:
- Develop and oversee programs and activities that align with INTO Drew learning outcomes, using strategic campus and community partnerships where possible.
- Manage the Conversation Partner Program and collaborate with campus partners to recruit native language speakers to participate in the program.
- Coordinate the Career Launch program, including the training and management of the Welcome Desk student staff.
- Act as the advisor for the International Student Association.
- Responsible for risk management and liability issues and student welfare on trips.
- Develop and provide social and cultural programs to engage students.
- Deliver welcome receptions and end-of-term celebrations; arrange staff and volunteer attendance at social events.
- Assist with the coordination of the International Student Ambassador Program which provides leadership training for Drew undergraduate students.
- Track activities budget, maintain profit margin for student services.
- Assist with edits to the Pre-Departure Guide and other Orientation and Student Services materials.
- Create flyers, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, etc. as needed to promote Student Services events or programs.
Student Support Services
- Provide academic coaching to students in the Academic English and Pathway program to help students define academic goals, access university resources and support, and encourage student engagement.
- Work with the INTO Drew academic team to address student issues and develop processes and co-curricular programs to support student success.
- Teach a University 101 course, including curriculum development and assessment, to improve student adjustment, engagement and success.
- Coordinate, organize, and implement new international student orientation. Work with academic services, enrollment, registrar and finance teams regarding testing, advising, and registration of students.
- Collaborate with Mar/Com Coordinator to generate marketing content from social activities and trips such as photos, videos, student quotes, descriptions of student services, etc. as needed.
Student Care and Conduct
- Provide guidance and counseling to students, determining and referring students in need to appropriate resources.
- Communicate with parents, sponsors and agents, in compliance with FERPA regulations, regarding the health and safety of students of concern.
- Develop and maintain confidential student records relative to conduct and well-being.
- Maintain good working relationships with Counseling Services, Student Health Services, Campus Safety and other university providers to ensure quality services and advocate for international students.
- Serve on campus committees that pertain to student safety, success and well-being.
Other Duties as assigned
This position is based at Drew University, Madison, New Jersey.
Commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Strong intercultural communication skills and experience working in a diverse environment with non-native English speakers
- Previous experience living or working abroad
- Experience working in international education or in student services within higher education preferred
- Experience with student programming, advising and orientation development
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and refine systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computers skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Competent IT skills relative to management and analysis of data
- Evening and weekend work is required
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please follow the link below to submit your cover letter and resume:
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO UPLOAD A SINGLE DOCUMENT. BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL YOUR PAGES TOGETHER AS ONE UPLOAD. ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK AND EDIT OR REAPPLY.
Open until filled.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.