| Position Closes May 14, 2017 |
Online applications only at kuathletics.com
NOTE: When asked to upload your resume, please upload a cover letter, resume, and three professional references in a single document.
Position Summary: Performs assigned duties and projects in various areas of Facilities & Events Management including, but not limited to, assisting with game day operations and activities, upkeep and maintenance of facilities, oversight of non-Kansas Athletics events, and numerous office responsibilities. Graduate Assistant positions are limited to a maximum of two years.
Duties and Responsibilities of all Kansas Athletics Positions:
1. Adhere to University, Big 12 Conference, Kansas Athletics, and NCAA policies and procedures.
2. Maintain knowledge of department activities, sports schedules, and procedures.
3. Foster cooperative working relationships with fellow staff members within the department.
4. Support the athletics department goals and philosophies as described by the Director of athletics and work to achieve and uphold the department’s mission statement and core values.
5. Maintain a positive attitude toward performing job duties and in working with other staff.
6. Exhibit professional decorum at all times while representing Kansas Athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Perform pre-game set up including entrances, field/venue, visiting and official locker rooms, and areas needed by game-day personnel;
2. Post necessary signage and assist in setting up parking for team buses, officials and fans;
3. Meet, host, and organize visiting teams, officials and game day support staff (table crews, chain gang, scoreboard operators, ball kids, etc.);
4. Manage delivery of game-day staff meals to proper locations;
5. Perform in-game responsibilities including crowd control, troubleshooting, assisting with maintaining a safe environment for players and spectators, escort and protect visiting team, officials and home teams;
6. Oversee and assist with the breakdown of the sport venue, ensure all equipment is securely stored away and prepare the facility for the next practice or event;
7. Assist the Graphic Design Specialist with projects in and around the facilities;
8. Serve as event supervisor for Kansas Athletics sponsored high school events;
9. Assist event management staff with all outside events, serve as liaison to contracting groups, arrange logistics, serve as onsite supervisor, ensure event runs smoothly and to the standards established by Kansas Athletics and at the conclusion the facility is clean and in prevent working condition;
10. Schedule student workforce for game days, prepare and update visiting team and event operation manuals, create, laminate and install signage throughout the facilities and offices, work with departments to create and distribute nameplates, credentials, etc., order food for game-day staff saying within budget;
11. Serve as liaison to the tent rental company and arrange and oversee accessible golf cart shuttle service for football game days;
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Facilities and Event Management.