This role will be in the Product Development & Portfolio Management team. The team has two collective responsibilities:
1. Developing new investment strategies / products
Responsible for originating and structuring investment strategies that will meet our clients' overall investing and risk management needs. The team's primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring markets and products trend
- Working with partners to gain original insights into markets
- Develop a general understanding of capital markets and a deep understanding of the options / volatility markets
- Discovering potential clients' needs through collaboration with sales teams
- Designing, structuring and pricing solutions through extensive research and data analysis
- Exploring possibility of packaging select investment solutions into asset management products
- Communicating efficiently with various sales forces to facilitate in marketing and distribution of the products / investment strategies
- Operationalizing investment strategies into products by collaborating with external partners such as legal counsel, fund / managed account administrators, accountants and custodians.
2. Management of the Securities Portfolio within existing products
Responsible for managing the trading and operations of implementing investment strategies in the firms' existing mutual funds and managed accounts. The team's primary responsibilities in this function will include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring daily market moves and understanding their impact on live investment strategies
- Trading securities in response to investment strategy objectives, market moves, inflows and outflows from investment strategies
- Working with brokerage firms to get best execution on securities being traded
- Working with fund / managed account operations team to resolve daily pricing of the strategies
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in science or engineering; MBA a plus
- Two to three years of experience in capital markets – preferably in options / volatility / structured derivatives. Experience in structured products and/or OTC derivatives, knowledge / experience in developing systematic or rule-based index strategies is a big plus.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop and maintain close working relationships
- Strong numeracy and an analytical mind
- Advanced MS Excel skills and report writing skills
- Highly articulate and organized with strong attention to detail
- The ability to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and desire to be challenged
Vest is a majority owned subsidiary of CBOE Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBOE), the holding company of the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), which is the largest US options exchange and creator of listed options.
Through its two lines of business, CBOE Vest Technologies and CBOE Vest Financial, CBOE Vest is dedicated to serving investment advisors and brokerage firms in bringing wider access to innovative Target Outcome Investment strategies. CBOE Vest Financial's asset management products include managed account offerings and a series of mutual funds. These products seek to provide investors with targeted protection, enhanced returns, defined income and a level of predictability unattainable with most other investments available today. CBOE Vest Technologies has built a first-of-its-kind intuitive automated technology for Target Outcome Investments that it licenses out to financial firms.
The firm was launched and backed by preeminent venture firms such as Y-Combinator (Airbnb, Reddit, Dropbox), Payment Ventures (MicroVentures, CardFlight) and First Round Capital (Uber, Mint, Square). The CBOE Vest team consists of experts with decades of experience in building Target Outcome Investments. We are dedicated to bringing institutional quality risk management solutions to a diverse spectrum of investors. See more at https://www.vestfin.com.